Sunday, April 12, 2009

I like to pretend it's lovely and warm out

For Easter, my husband made his very first pie, a deep-dish apple with a cheddar cheese crust. It looked absolutely gorgeous, and I hear it tasted pretty good too. I didn't get to sample it with everybody else because I had other plans today. So he packed the pie up in the luggage compartment on his motorcycle and sped off.
I had to skip the celebration because this weekend was my second writing retreat. This time, my friend M came down from Philadelphia to DC, and we spent the weekend eating great food and writing. She's finishing up her thesis and I'm just getting started, but either way it's loads more fun to work together. To add variety to our lives, we wrote at school, we wrote at the coffee shop, and this afternoon, we wrote outside (even though it was pretty cold out):

7 comments:

Bernice said...

What dedication - sitting with a sleeping bag wrapped around you. Both of you are to be commended. Will husband bake a pie for us?

alexis said...

nice green bag too btw!

stef said...

That pie looks great!

Matty Lau said...

oh boy does it look cold. It was probably warmer than it looks since we were sitting in the sun.

unclem-nm said...

I want to know how the pie turned out.

You two writers look very bohemian.

Anonymous said...

Does 'looking bohemian' mean our clothes don't match very well?

unclem-nm said...

No it means...hmm...it means...uh...well that your....welll that maybe your clothes don't match well (shuffle...look at floor) :(