Monday, April 27, 2009

Tonight we'll be drinking champagne

I witnessed the power of endorphins this afternoon, when I received some happy news today right before I went exercising. I've been using one of those machines that tracks speed, distance, heart rate, and the amount of milk left in your fridge, so I know that I did the same workout as usual. But because I was so excited, I just zipped through the workout without any effort at all. I'd like to arrange for something wonderful to happen every time I have to go sweat at the gym because it's the first time exercising has not been miserable for me.

(Oh, and the happy event was that I had won a little award (which I had previously known about) and it came with a bit of money (which came as a surprise.))

4 comments:

stef said...

Congratulations! The award is for your work I take it?

Aunt Gloria said...

Yes, Congratulations. Its always nice to have others acknowledge something you've done.

unclem-nm said...

Surprise money - always a good thing.

You-Exercise? What's going on in this world?

Matty Lau said...

congrats on the award and the happy surprise that came with it! Apparently, this award gave more than expected (as we can see from the happy workout).