Sunday, November 08, 2009

Frivolous pursuits

Once again, I used up all the words I have on the chapter draft I just finished. So, some pictures and uneloquent sentences.

I went to a party and had too much time to prep beforehand. Here's how my outfit turned out:
Today I convinced Andrew to ditch his projects (the latest: a motorcycle shelter) and visit Mt. Vernon, which is George Washington's home. It's been restored so that it looks is it did in the 1790's. We enjoyed the grounds more than the house, because it was a gorgeous day. After sitting in my room and writing at my desk all week, it was heaven to tramp all over the farm. Highlights: the dung repository (Well, it was quite modern that George was composting way back then) and the views, which were stunning and aimed out over the Potomac and a National Park.) Andrew particularly enjoyed the calves:


The low point of the day was the lunch we ate there: how does one make a veggie burger with gristle in it?

7 comments:

Stef said...

Love that skirt. You're such a bobby soxer! ;)

alexis said...

oh I used to love visiting there as a child, so glad you got to try it!

unclem-nm said...

Having seen your husband at pig roasts I suspect the only thing he saw in the calf was visions of veal.

Mars Girl said...

I agree! That skirt is so cute!

Gill - UK said...

I've just worked it out - did you take your own photo? your reflection in the wardrobe doors - that's why your bedroom seems to have been rearranged.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matty Lau said...

maybe it was free range vegetables- they tend to get more of a workout than regular penned-in farm veggies.