Saturday, January 05, 2013

Christmas, part 1

What can you say about Christmas that isn't cliched? There were cute kids and a dog who received presents. I discovered that my sister-in-law and brother were sneaking her Christmas treats, as per the age-old right of extended family to spoil children and pets. 



Because Andrew is English, my mother always buys Christmas crackers for the Christmas dinner table. I'm sort of surprised that they sell these in the U.S., as I've never heard of another family having Christmas crackers.
It was a joy to open gifts with my nephew. In our family, we all go around in a circle and take turns opening one gift, so that everyone can watch. My nephew went to each person at their turn, chose their gift for them and was genuinely excited to see all the gifts being opened.

4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

The children are growing up so quickly.

Gloria said...

Cute pictures. It looks like you had a nice holiday inspite of not feeling well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alexis said...

that is a great spirit for gifts for your nephew!