Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Let the game begin

     I've arrived back home just in time to start playing the Minimalism Game. In the end, most of my family was willing to play along. My brother announced, "The competition has begun" and made this handy spreadsheet, so anyone can watch. (Although, now that I think about it, watching a spreadsheet has got to be like watching the most boring cricket game ever. There's only one play per person per day, and very few ways to foul someone.)
     I'm definitely the dark horse in this race. My parents and brother and sister-in-law both live in bigger houses, and have attics, storage sheds, and/or basements. On top of that, my brother has an uncanny ability to win games. As a kid, I quit playing Monopoly because it's no fun if there's not even a chance that you'll win. At the very least, though, I can help spur the rest of them on to success.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Shaun is racing ahead - he 's already completed day 2 of the challenge - I just hope welfare don't see his day 2 offerings.

Shaela said...

Do people have to physically take their stuff to the donation box every day? This seems inefficient!

Bernice said...

No Shaela, I am putting a box in the trunk of my car and will add to it.