Sunday, January 29, 2017

Project day, again

January's project was to build Adirondack chairs. In 2015, N and I put together kits, but this time we were building them from scratch, using an existing chair as a template. I have the most awesome basement workshop for projects. It's large and empty, with lots of pegboards and workbenches. N brought over his table saw, and together with my miter and jig saws, we had lots of different ways to cut up wood.
Today the N&S family came back for a bonus project day, and we sanded, drilled, and assembled.
N&S took two of the chairs home, and I'll keep one. This means I can now have a campfire or morning coffee outside with a friend, but only one friend. If I want to have more friends, I'll have to build more chairs.

6 comments:

de-I said...

Very impressive!

alexis said...

IMPRESSED! Space has its benefits.

Gill - UK said...

There's a lot to be said for teamwork.

Bernice said...

The chairs are beautiful. You and N are prepared for warmer weather.

Ellie said...

Oh, wow! They turned out great!!! Did you save the patterns for the wood so you don't have to disassemble a chair when Kevin and I decide we want a few?

Nicholas said...

Yet again, I feel like we learned a lot from making them that will probably be lost. I also didn't make templates... :(. How can we record this for the future? Is sketch-up overkill? I started it, but since we were working from an existing chair, I didn't feel like making all of the curves. I also think the cut list was useful along with its numerous greek letters...