Monday, January 02, 2017

Tires

     When I was visiting my parents list week, my dad and I were discussing my car. We determined that I've been neglecting my tires. I got new ones 18 months ago, but hadn't kept up with the rotation and alignment schedule. Trying to be a good (well, less lackadaisical) car owner, I made an appointment right away and took care of both of those services this afternoon. Three hours after that, I was driving down a rainy, dark road and mistook a curb for a painted turn lane. Boom and crash, I need two new tires, two rims, and a new alignment. Sigh...
     It could have been worse. I had my friend N with me, and he's stronger, so he could get the lug nuts off. It was raining and cold, but it wasn't raining that hard. I reaffirmed that I know how to change my tire, and only one tire went instantly flat (convenient because there's only one spare, of course). Still, I'm kicking myself a bit.

5 comments:

Swapna madhuri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
de-I said...

Tire issues are a pain

Gill - UK said...

Its so easy to mistakes curbs and painted areas when driving in the dark - still you kept control of the car and didn't get injured.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Sorry about the tires - the timing couldn't have been worse! A friend of ours once went the wrong way through one of those one way road traps with spikes and ruined 4 tires in one go.

alexis said...

oh how annoying!!!!! I have totally done something exactly like that but I was a bit more fortunate in the damage sustained. Getting the lug nuts off can be really hard if they've been machined one.