Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Spain, day 3

I am not a big photo taker. At home, almost all of my pictures are of machines, as I take them apart, so that I'll have a guide to put them back together. On my last solo international trip, I took about twelve photos, and half were of cake. So I am proud of myself that I remembered to photograph a scene during a walk in the park, thinking that my picture-happy relatives would appreciate it.

Yesterday was the first day of school. I don't think I appreciated how much time school would take. There are public holidays each week that I'm here, so classes are compressed into 5 hours per day for 4 days each week. Add in time for walking to school and homework and that is 6 or 7 hours of my day.

All of my classmates are younger than me and most of them, men and women, have followed a significant other who has a job here, although I have met students in other classes who are tourists learners like me. As I've told my teachers, my goal is not to become fluent in two weeks, but to become more comfortable speaking the language. I want to be able to talk to all my neighbors at home, most of whom are from Central America.

And now I'm off to class!

4 comments:

de-I said...

I think I might call those who blog photo obsessed. But that is nicely done. There's a way for me to search out where that image would be but I forgot how to do it :(

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Lovely photo! I do appreciate it.

Gill - UK said...

A beautiful Church, and a sky that shows there's more to Spanish weather than bright sunshine.

alexis said...

interesting mix of folks in your class. I can't believe how sunny and beautiful it is there!