Sunday, October 21, 2018

New Bathroom, Parts 7-9

See this lovely room? It has walls! And a door, WITH a doorknob!  Once again, I am reminded when changes happen slowly then you appreciate every small improvement. This is the product of three different friends-coming-to-help days. The door was dreadful to install - I accidentally chose a model that is designed to be easier to install, which (sadly) made it nearly impossible to install. In fact, I used the bathroom without a functioning door for several weeks, which only worked because I am the only person that goes upstairs in my house.

There is still much work to be done: the green on the walls is drywall, which will need to be taped, mudded, and painted. There is no electricity yet. We have not even begun to tackle the shower or new A/C system. Nonetheless, it feels pretty amazing that I now have an actual bathroom where once there was an unfinished closet.

5 comments:

Bernice said...

Be sure to post pictures after our visit at Thanksgiving. I have great faith in what we will do.

alexis said...

I think that it looks amazing already from this summer. What progress you're making! I'd be inordinately pleased with myself for installing a door knob, let alone any of the rest of it.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

With all the hard work you have put into it - you will appreciate it every time you need it!

de-I said...

I'm just happy to see a post from you. Thought you'd dropped off the blogesphere altogether!

Gill - UK said...

It's beginning to look like a bathroom - well done RM, friends and family.