Friday, October 26, 2018

Packed and on my way

In just a few hours, my vacation will begin. I've been planning this trip for months, which included careful timing to minimize disruption for my department during my absence. I've arranged for dog and cat care, carefully packed my suitcase to fit the weight requirements, and followed a sleeping schedule to progressively awaken earlier and minimize jetlag.

In a way, my packing was made easier by my choice of hostess gift. My cousin, an American who lives abroad, requested Cheerios. When I happily acquiesced, I had not considered how much space this would take in my suitcase. I was therefore motivated to pack lightly.


Expect a blitz of vacation posts in the next few weeks!

5 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Happy holiday - I look forward to the holiday postings.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Can't wait to see where you are going!

de-I said...

What dedication...We would never use our space for Cheerios...just bottles of green chile salsa...less space, more weight.

alexis said...

OMG! I'm so sorry - Didn't realize the box was so huge! :(

Rob said...

Think of all the space available to bring back useless trinkets... ;)