Friday, March 13, 2009

Soybeans

I made tactical error while packing my lunch today. I always have miso soup to start, and I will sometimes throw in a few cubes of tofu, as I did today. Likewise, I usually have a fruit or vegetable in one of the four bento containers. As it is the end of the week we are low on fresh veggies, so I chose edamame because I keep an emergency stash in the freezer. My mistake, though, was in choosing to make a bean curd skin salad as  my main dish, although I love it dearly. It turns out that three servings of different soybean products is just toooo much beany protein for one meal. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the result was??? Sleeping through the whole afternoon's classes or what?

Anonymous said...

The result was feeling ill all afternoon. But I had recovered enough by the evening to go out for Mexican food with my husband :)