Saturday, July 09, 2011

Born in 1921

My grandmother Ruby is 90 years old today. There's so much of her life that I can't even imagine. She gave birth to eight children, lived on a farm that didn't have running water until after my mother was born, and raised and cooked most of the food her family of ten needed. As a result, today I have seven aunts and uncles that love me, and in a few weeks they'll all be getting together to celebrate nine decades. I won't be there, so here's my good wishes. Happy 90th, Grandma!

4 comments:

Matty Lau said...

YAY! Congratulations Grandma Ruby! Happy birthday!

alexis said...

wow, big families on both sides! Is the picture you have posted recent? She looks fantastic!! Happy birthday in any case :)

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yup, the photo is from my visit to Minnesota in June. Grandma still lives in an apartment on her own, takes walks everyday, and plays cards a lot. She's doing pretty well for the big 9-0!

Shaela said...

Isn't it odd to think that if we should be so lucky, the first 30 years of our lives (basically all of it, to date) will be unimaginable to young adults like us.