Sunday, February 17, 2008

Channeling Sisyphus

For the record, I survived just fine not eating the apple pie because I was busy finishing off the insanely delicious coconut-pineapple-ginger-carrot cake that I had made the day before. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything with cream cheese frosting.

-----Completely new subject-----

I've been spending the last week at work purchasing and installing a lot of new video equipment. This task does not directly help my dissertation work, but it does make future work for the group easier, and I was quite keen to help. I was prepared for a few hiccups, which I did indeed encounter: difficulties purchasing appropriate cameras and some fumes from gluing which resulted in a visit from the Environmental Services (oops). I thought it was all ready to go on Friday, but after I put it all into place, I discovered that the microphones we have won't work with the new cameras. So on Sunday I went in and put all the old stuff back in place, while I regroup and come up with a new battle plan.

So, I'm right back where I started, except that I've spent a lot of money and I got to meet a couple of friendly Environmental Services guys, who, after several tests, reassured me that it was okay to breathe in the room I was in.

3 comments:

alexis said...

oh no! I am always afraid to begin those sorts of projects because they tend to turn out unpredictably.

Anonymous said...

I have this image of you and the Environmental Services people breathing in deeply, giggling like crazy and saying, "Sure it's OK to work in here."

Anonymous said...

Environmental services GUYS? Don't forget that you still have a single friend. ;-)