Monday, February 25, 2008

More weekend projects

Projects completed this weekend, which are lacking illustrative pictures:

1. I gave Andrew and myself haircuts. Our hair is almost exactly the same length right now, and I was worried we might look alike, but I think the sixteen different hair goops I use on a daily basis will differentiate us.

2. A late birthday present arrived. (Five months late, but who's going to complain about a gift, especially when your expectations have disappeared because it's been, like, five months?) It was a recipe book for Australian food, which seems to be mainly food with English ingredients, except [fill in your own English cuisine joke here]. I made a pea and mushroom lasagna, which was delectable. I must admit that I didn't really trust a recipe where the only flavorings are salt, pepper, and cream, so I added some onion, garlic, sage, cheese, and a lot more cream and that, um, may not be precisely what the recipe expected me to do. Nonetheless, it was delicious and it was quite fun to eat a bright green lasagna.

3. I painted a bookshelf, although it's not done until I decoupage the sides.

4. The window seat is looking distinctly more seat-like. It is now the skeleton frame of a box, and I have high (and perhaps foolhardy) hope of some sides appearing in the next few weeks.

Any fun weekend events at your house?

5 comments:

alexis said...

I bought my flight to Cyprus. Those people better get married now!

stef said...

Oh I love the idea of green lasagne! my weekend was filled with bday stuff. Very fun but not incredibly productive!

Anonymous said...

Weekend project one definitely calls for photographs!

Anonymous said...

I'll try the lasagne - as long as it's not too heavy on the onions! Do we get to see pix of the hair cutting endeavor?

Anonymous said...

His and her haircuts, somehow I don't see Wife and I doing that. I find that lots of ingredients don't guarantee a good dish...vive la technique