Saturday, February 09, 2008

SwRM Product Endorsement

Remember this picture? At the time, I was just excited that Andrew finally had glasses, but that's not the only thing to be happy about. Those glasses were cheap. And when Styling with Renee Michelle promises something is cheap, you should sit up and pay attention, because she is the Queen of Frugality. (You should also, of course, be very concerned that she has taken to referring to herself in the third person.)

I discovered the miracle of Internet eyeglasses, when I stumbled on this blog, Glassy Eyes. This opened my eyes to the Great Glasses Conspiracy. Now, that may be a bit exaggerated, but barely: I always assumed it just cost $200 to get a decent pair of eyeglasses. But there are tons of options out there, for insane prices. We've purchased two pairs so far - this pair of glasses for Andrew, at a bank-breaking $35, and a pair of prescription sunglasses for me at $40. I've been so happy with both that I've got a pair of regular glasses winging their way to me as we speak for $30.

So if you need glasses, check it out. The blog has reviews for the top sites, and there are lots of cool features to help you see how the frames would look on you: you can print out life sized copies, put them on someone with the some shaped head, or even upload your picture and try them on. As for me, I'm considering buying a different pair for every pair of shoes I own...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the glasses and the model - and the opinion is only slightly biased!

Bernice said...

Lets figure this out, you have two pair of shoes and already have two pair of glasses, so the budget is safe.

alexis said...

who knew they could be so inexpensive? I always thought it was a curse cuz the things were so expensive.

stef said...

That is SO cool. I love glasses as a fashion accessory. I wish I needed them so I could wear them! (I just feel silly wearing non-perscription)