Friday, April 29, 2011

New glasses

I got a new pair of glasses. What do you think? I acquired this, my second set of vintage frames, at a flea market in Seattle. Then they sat around for almost a year before I sent them off to get some lenses put in. Everyone knows I'm a missionary for Internet eyeglasses, right? This pair cost me $15 for the frame and $30 for the lenses. (Of course, if you're willing to buy new frames, you can get frame plus lenses, at many places, for about $20).

****
I'm off this weekend in Pittsburgh, visiting M (otherwise known as the lady in the red hat who married us). In packing, I've encountered yet another travel problem: what kind of outfit can get you from 85F to 40F? (That's 29C to 4C for my international readers.) Instead of glasses that automatically get dark when you go outside into the sunlight, I need lightweight trousers that grow a layer of insulation when I step off the plane.

6 comments:

Gill - UK said...

I thought silk was the answer. It folds up to nothing and you could wear it underneath your trousers and no-one need know.

Gill - UK said...

Also - I like the glasses - I had some the same shape in the late sixties - but they were plain black.
I wonder where they are now?

alexis said...

LOVE the glasses! Very you.

On the clothing front, this comes too late to help but a pair of tights to slip on under trousers might help.

unclem-nm said...

I could use that kind of clothing too! Andrew clearly needs to invent it.

Ellie said...

I like the glasses, but I REALLY like the longer hair! Very snazzy.

Karina Chiodo said...

Oh my gosh. Your glasses suit you perfectly. I think it's about time get my little sister her own set of glasses, since she needs one to correct her eyesight problem.