Thursday, March 21, 2013

Phoneless

The Baltimore trip was so much fun that I decided to do it again. That is, I truly had a wonderful time catching up with my friends, and it also just so happens that I'm flying to DC again today. As it turns out, I am extremely grateful to have two trips scheduled back-to-back at the same location, because I accidentally left my cell phone with a friend in Maryland. Since I was coming back in three days, I decided that they wouldn't have to worry about mailing it - I could just pick it up when I returned. Going without my phone for three days has showed me how much I rely on it - I make grocery lists and check my calendar daily. But I also happen to have set up a google voice account, synced with my cell phone contact list, and that has made this all much more bearable. I have all my contact numbers, I can check my voice mail using another phone, and I can make phone calls when I have Internet access. I'm not sure I'd want this to be a permanent arrangement, but it's working well as a backup plan.


3 comments:

de-I said...

Redundancy is always a good thing with critical systems.

alexis said...

clever you! I definitely have no redundancy built in!

Gill - UK said...

It sounds very technical.