Monday, March 11, 2013

Passed down through the generations

One of the unexpected benefits of dressing in vintage is that people give you clothing. I keep meeting women who have inherited clothing from their mothers or aunts or mother-in-laws. These women don't want to wear the clothing (because it's clearly of a different era) or they can't wear it (because almost everyone was smaller then). So they give it to me, since they know that I will appreciate it.

This is a particularly beautiful sweater that I was recently gifted. It has fine blue beadwork all over the front and back, and it is in beautiful condition.

4 comments:

alexis said...

it is a gorgeous sweater!! Love the color

de-I said...

You are clearly a woman of all ages.

Gill - UK said...

I like the colour - a dressy garment.

Bernice said...

It looks great. I will keep my eye out for vintage clothing when I do my garage sale rounds.